Get ready for Eye Design’s business training course for beauty professionals, coming March 2020 to our Fifth Avenue studio and keep reading to learn how you can attend class for FREE!
Eye Design’s founder and Master Technician Nadia Afanaseva is all about growth — both when it comes to her business and to herself!
The start of a new year is always a great time to focus on growing and developing. If you follow Nadia on Instagram @nadia_afanaseva, then you have already seen the self-help tips she has shared so far in 2020. Now, we are going to dive into more details.
First, Nadia shares the six rules she follows when formulating her wishes and goals — whether it is part of her new year’s resolutions or otherwise.
- Nadia does not use any negative words! For example, she avoids words like “no,” “don’t” and “won’t.”
- She also recommends that, instead of describing your wishes/goals thoroughly, focus on the feelings you will experience when they come to fruition.
- Always use the present tense and a positive direction when writing.
- Additionally, do not write anything that you do not want to happen!
- Write your goals as if you have already achieved them.
- You can use numbers, but not dates! For example, you can write “I want to have two Prada bags,” but there is no need to include a date by which you wish to have them.
In addition to creating your wish cards using the tips above, Nadia also encourages beauty professionals to follow these 10 pieces of advice she has formulated throughout her 12-year journey in the permanent makeup industry.
- Focus on constantly growing and developing as a person.
- Then, focus on constantly growing as a professional and as a teacher. Today, there are so many training opportunities (online, free videos, exhibits, seminars, advanced trainings, forums and more)!
- Always be improving your quality of service.
- Always set the bar for yourself higher than others have set theirs.
- Find a mentor — whether it is someone in your field or not, you need someone trustworthy who can provide you with guidance when you need it.
- Learn related professions in addition to your own (such as psychology, accounting or finance) that will help support your business.
- Study trends and implement them in your work. Stay up to date on current events in the industry.
- Rest is just as important as hard work! Without it, you will never be successful as a master.
- Use only professional materials and equipment — on clients, on models and while practicing on artificial skin.
- In addition to all the artistry that goes into beauty services, you also need to learn safety regulations, such as the proper disinfection and sterilization techniques.
After spending more than 10 years as a professional in the beauty industry, Nadia has developed Kim’s Effect, a globally recognized technique for eyelash extensions, as well as many other unique lash styles and permanent makeup training programs.
Now, Nadia is ready to share all that she has learned as a company founder, business owner and CEO with YOU! Her first training for business owners (and aspiring business owners) will take place in March 2020. It will be open to everyone who wants to grow personally and professionally!
Nadia will work with you on the beliefs that prevent you from achieving meaningful results in life *and* at work! She will teach you the tools that she personally uses to achieve success. Everyone who wants to grow and develop will be welcome March 23, in Eye Design’ NYC studio.
Before we get started, there is one more thing — we need a name for the class! If you have any ideas, be sure to share them with Nadia on Instagram @nadia_afanaseva. The winner will win free admission to the training!